Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just a Test...

[QUOTE=Orangecrushgame;1787628]Yes psn was hacked but as against conspiracy theories I still think Microsoft had a hand in it,
Besides I see many more cheaters/ hackers on live at least the only cheating I see on psn is boosting , you have no idea how many obvious hackers I have seen in halo. I do agree that psn gets ragged on too much, I don't really dislike either it's just that in my case live has been glitchy. I'm sure it's the opposite for many others or even the same. I think a ps4 and either a ps4 vs Xbox one or ps vs live would be good threads jangs[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous.

The Playstation Network was hacked by a hacktivist group because Sony was attempting to sue a gentleman by the name of George Hotz who had purchased a PS3 and had figured out how to hack it's system to allow the installation of other operating systems.

Hotz purchased a PS3, and when doing so it became HIS property to do with as he wished.  He could have taken it out back and smashed it and he would have been within his rights.

However, when he started hacking the "unhackable" device to allow the installation of other operating systems (a feature which, by the way, Sony had said would be available on the console, but later removed in a mandatory firmware update citing "security" as their reasoning) and ultimately succeeded, Sony got mad.  He then made his methods public, and Sony went bonkers and began legal proceedings against George Hotz.

They were suing him for hacking a product that he bought and paid for legally, and that was legally his property.

Not only that, but they began aggressively pursuing YouTube and other social media sites to give them the IP addresses of everyone that had watched his video on how to hack the system.  They wanted to know which users out there knew what Hotz knew.

After this, most people attribute the hack to one of the arms of the hacktivist group Anonymous, who felt that Sony was unfairly and unjustly bringing legal proceedings against Hotz, and also trying to gain private information about their users from third party companies (YouTube and those social media sites).

They started to try and hurt Sony on the web by hacking Sony's sites and ultimately bringing down the Playstation Network for nearly a month.

Anonymous has claimed that they did not do this, but one of their major traits is that one part of the group generally has no idea what the other parts are doing, so just because one arm said that Anonymous was not responsible does not mean that another arm was responsible and just didn't take credit.

Basically, Sony's network was hacked because Sony was arrogantly trying to sue someone for using a product that they OWNED in the way that they wanted to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear friend ,
Nice day!
This is shriny, I’m glad to communicate with you.
I appreciate your writing skills very much, all your review articles are really great, and I can fell the reviews’ authenticity and sincerity, it is a great experience to read your article. 
I feel you are a friendly and gifted person. So, I wonder whether I can be very lucky to make friends and cooperate with you? If you agree, could you please let me know via xisuyangfuyun@126.com?
I’m looking forward to your reply, thank you very much!
Best regards!
Shriny