Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions for 2012...


I know, I know.

Resolutions.

Why even make them, right?? Very rarely does someone actually stick with the resolutions that they make. But I guess that old stop smoking ad of "Never Quit Quitting" kind of takes effect, right?? Even if you quit the resolutions, never stop making them and trying.

So to that end, let's go ahead and get some resolutions going here.

1. I want to run the 9 mile Down Winder race at the 2012 Traverse City Waterman competition. I've purchased a paddle board and all the gear, now all I need to do is get training so that come August I'm in good enough shape to do it.

2. Speaking of getting in shape, I want to lose weight. But I don't want to lose weight. I simply want to be more healthy. I'm guessing that by just trying to be more healthy, instead of watching my weight, I'll actually start losing weight. So I'm going with "be more healthy."

3. I want to have the time of my life 4,373 miles away from home.

4. I want to continue having a great time with my wife and pet family.

So, hopefully, these four simple resolutions will be something that I can work towards. I hope to complete them all. Luckily, two of them are easy...3 and 4. The other two tie together pretty well, so I'll be working the hardest towards those two things.

Wish me luck.

No comments: