Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Maybe Some Good News About the Taurus...

After doing quite a bit of looking around, I was able to find something out that I never knew anything about.

The EPA requires vehicle manufacturers to warranty "critical" emmissions components for 8 years or 80,000 miles.

The catalytic converter that has gone bad on my car is one of those critical components. My car is 7 years, 8 months old...so it falls under the age requirements. It only has 65,000 miles on it, so it falls under the mileage requirements.

So tomorrow I'm going to head to the Ford Dealership to see about possibly getting the catalytic converter replaced under warranty. I'm sure that they will try to claim that it's something else that has gone wrong with the car that has caused the catalytic converter to fail. I don't know, maybe they'll just fix it. I've never actually tried to get any warranty work done on a car before, so it'll be new for me.

No comments: