Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blu-Ray Update...Up and Running!!!

Tonight we finally got the Blu-Ray player up and running. I should say that Cathy got it up and running.

My new cable from Amazon showed up and I plugged it in, and didn't get anything. I was trying to figure out if I needed some kind of special HDMI cable or something so I went to grab the manual for the player.

When I got back it was playing just fine. Cathy said that she came over to it and basically just touched the plug and it turned on. She's now claiming that she has "The Magic Touch."

Even without the 5.1 surround sound, I was still really impressed with the thing. The picture is absolutely stunning. 1080p images off of a Blu-Ray DVD make 720p images from the cable box look boring.

I watched the last 40 minutes or so of "District 9" simply to marvel at the picture.



I have long said that I didn't think an HD version of a DVD movie would be that much different than a standard one. I will gladly admit that I was wrong.

Now...to get to work on getting that new soundbar...

No comments: