Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm Tired...

...of being slightly overweight, having stomach issues, and always being tired.

So I'm going to try and do something about it. It's time for me to start eating better. It's also time for me to start getting serious about getting some exercise going.

As for the eating part, here are my goals.

1. I want to drastically cut back (if not completely eliminate) soda. It's just empty calories and I've read that large amounts of high fructose corn syrup can contribute to stomach problems. The caffeine also contributes to stomach issues. So cutting back on soda should help me drastically with my stomach.

2. I want to cut back on junk food. Things like potato chips, candy, and other sweets. I'll be trying to replace those with some more healthy stuff. Fruits, granola type bars, and maybe even some vegetables like carrots or celery. These things will help me cut back on calorie intake and provide me with more vitamins and such than I am getting right now.

3. I want to really increase the amount of water that I drink. I currently don't drink nearly enough water. By increasing my water intake, I'm sure that will help with overall health all around.

As for the exercise part, I'm not really sure about that. I was doing really well on my land paddling last year until it started to get dark too early to do it. I will be doing that and some bicycle riding this spring, summer, and fall. I'm thinking that for the winter months (like right now) the exercise bicycle that sits in the basement would be the best bet. I just need to get around to actually doing it.

So, hopefully these goals will help me drop a few pounds and feel all around better. Hopefully I can stick with them.

No comments: