Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Shoes!!!

I don't like to spend much money on shoes. I probably should, because they are probably pretty important to daily comfort and health, but I simply can't see spending money on shoes when the ones that I have still LOOK like they should be just fine.

So, I basically go years at a time without buying any shoes for myself. I currently have been wearing a pair of Converse since sometime in 2007. Yah, at least 2 years.

I also own a pair of Reeboks that have literally been worn twice. They don't really fit me very well. If I remember correctly, I only got them because they were like $5 when I bought my Converse...one of those buy one get one type of sales.

I also own a pair of K-Swiss, but those I don't really wear at all, either. They are all white and I really like them, but they are a bit nicer than "daily" shoes, so I don't get to wear them.

Of course I have work shoes, but even those I tend to hold onto for way too long...to the point that they are getting uncomfortable.

After all of this...I bought my first new pair of shoes in a good long while yesterday. Of course, I didn't spend much money on them. I got some Airwalk skateboard shoes from PayLess. They cost like $30. I really like the way they look, though, so I figure it's money well spent. They will probably replace my Converse as my daily wearing shoes. They are comfy and the type of shoe that will work with just about any outfit.

I may end up looking for another pair of them this spring to use when I'm land paddling this summer. But, for the time being, I think that my Converse might be heading for yard work duty...I don't really have very nice shoes for working in the lawn, and the Converse would be perfect for that!!!

No comments: