Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kindle Fire's Are Here!!!

Today Cathy and I got our Kindle Fire's in the mail.

We quickly cracked them open and started fooling with them. To my surprise, the case that I have for my Archos fit on it pretty well. With that said, I'll probably still order another case for it just to have one for each of the tablets. I may try to see if anyone is interested in the Archos, so having a case for it would be a good selling point.

My first impressions of the device are extremely positive. The screen looks amazing. It's very "snappy" in how it runs. I like that it doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles. Other people have complained about the lack of a camera and other things like that, but to me those are useless add ons that just use up the battery and memory resources. I NEVER used the camera on my Archos, and I don't know anyone that I would ever want to video chat with, so that's not a big deal either.

I downloaded a few apps, and they run great. I really like the Comicxology app. It allows you to download and read comic books on the device, and they look great.

Overall, I think I'm really going to like it...and judging by the way Cathy has been using her Fire, I'm sure she's going to like it as well!!!

No comments: