Wednesday, November 16, 2011

When It Rains...

...it pours.

Today we discovered that our oven no longer works. It looks like it's got a bad igniter. I might be able to fix it, but for some reason Cathy doesn't like the idea of me messing with something that starts a fire around something that gas runs through. I think her hesitations are misguided...I've never blown up a house before, so I can't imagine what would go wrong here!!!!

But anyways...that's just the next step in a long line of "you've got to be kidding me" repairs. We're going to need to pay to have the oven fixed, or maybe just buy a new one. Either way, we're looking at at least $150 or so in parts and labor...this all coming after Cathy got a flat tire last week and had to get a new pair of tires, for around $200...and also coming after our garage door tension spring broke which cost us right around $200 to get fixed.

Now, keep in mind it's not like these aren't things that we can't afford...but with Christmas right around the corner, and then the trip to Hawai'i right after that, spending $600 on things that you'd really rather not spend $600 isn't very fun.

No comments: