Friday, September 18, 2009

Magic...


So, I have always been fascinated by magic. I have found over the years that I enjoy close up magic the most, as it involves tricks that really cause people to think.

Over the years I have picked up quite a few tricks. Trick decks of cards, mainly. But when we went to Vegas this time, I hit up Houdini's and ended up coming home with a few new tricks...a couple of coin tricks, another card trick, and some Chinese Rings.

One of the coin tricks I have gotten down pretty well, and I performed it for some coworkers on Wednesday. They all liked it quite a bit, and none of them could figure it out, so I would have to say I performed it well. The other coin trick is proving to be a bit more tricky. I'm not nearly as smooth at it as I'd like to be, so I'm working on that one.

The card trick is pretty cool, and I'm pretty sure I can do that one for an audience already. It's a good trick for an audience, too, because you can have several people choose cards and all of them end up getting found...which is pretty cool.

However, I've really liked the Chinese Rings. They are a really cool trick that I've already got one of the moves down really well. I'll be working on some more moves with them in the near future, and maybe if I get good enough and confident enough I'll post a video of the routine on Youtube and show it off here!!!

I would LOVE to be able to get good enough at some of these things to actually try doing it at parties and such and maybe somehow turn it into a part time job...but I don't think I'd ever be able to...I don't really have the confidence that I think I would need to pull that off. It is also my dream to actually open a Houdini's store myself. I've got a perfect place picked out for it, where I am 10000% sure that it would make good money...but again, it's only a dream...for now.

2 comments:

Mehar Singh said...

Good to hear this all, you should definitely continue your magic. If you want, you can check out my blog. I started on Wednesday and it's also on magic.

Mehar Singh said...

oops, forgot to tell you the URL.

http://closeupmagicenthusiast.blogspot.com/