Thursday, July 15, 2010

Found My New TV Show...


As anyone that reads my blog knows, I've been looking for a TV show to follow since "LOST" is now over.

I had found that I enjoy most of the shows on USA. "Burn Notice," "White Collar," and a few of their other original shows are really good. The problem being, they have been on for a while and getting caught up might be just about impossible. I still plan on one day getting all of the "Burn Notice" episodes on DVD and watching them...but that's for another post.

Well, on Tuesday night a new show premiered on USA. It's got that girl from "Coyote Ugly" in it, Piper Perabo, Peter Gallagher from "The O.C.," Christopher Gorham who played Henry in "Ugly Betty," and Kari Matchett from "Invasion." It's also put together by the guy that created the "Jason Bourne" movies, which were some of the best movies out there.

The show is called "Covert Affairs" and it's about a rookie CIA agent (Annie Walker) who was plucked out of training to work an operation. As the show progressed, it became apparent that there's a bit of an underlying story to this rookie agent. It appears that a guy that she had a relationship with while traveling is some kind of person of interest to the CIA. It seems that they may be using Annie to try and get this guy to come out of hiding.

The pilot was just over an hour long and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was paced well, fun, had some good acting, and some good action sequences. I think it might have the potential to be a really fun show...the acting is definitely there, the conspiracy idea is there, the production values are there, and finally USA doesn't really seem to do many shows that aren't very good.

In short, I think I may have found my new show...

No comments: