Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Tires...


I got some new tires for the Taurus about a week ago.

I got them from Sears. Like everything else I've gotten from Sears this year, they turned out to be a pretty good deal.

I got four new tires, an alignment, and an oil change for all right around $450. Every other time I've gotten tires for a car it's cost about that much, and that never included an alignment.

When I took it in for the oil change, the lady told me "You still need new tires." She was the same lady that told me I needed new tires 3,200 miles ago at my last oil change. I figured it was time, so we put them on the Sears card and got 0% financing on them. Pretty good deal.

The car has 58,000 miles on it now, and they told me that they were 100% sure those were the original tires that were on there.

The Taurus drives like a dream now. Before it was a bit wobbly and had some vibrations on the highway. Now it's super smooth and it's so much more comfortable to drive. I'm also noticing that it seems to be getting better gas mileage. I hit a higher mile mark at the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 tank marks than I have before, so it will be interesting to see how much better the mileage is now.

No comments: