Friday, November 5, 2010

The New Entertainment Stuff...


So the new home theater stuff is all here and installed, and although we might not have exactly what's pictured in this image, it sure seems like it.

I got the receiver hooked up the other day in about 45 minutes. Running all of the components to it via HDMI and then hooking it up to the TV is awesome. It's seamless and runs perfectly. I really like how the receiver upconverts all of the images to 1080p as well. Good stuff. It sounds amazing, as well. I really can't believe how inferior my old receiver must have been. Even with the same speakers, it sounds completely differently. I'm sure the powered sub is a HUGE reason for that, but overall the sound quality is just great.

The PS3 was hooked up at the same time, and it's pretty awesome. I'm really impressed with the system overall, and the couple of games that I have for it are fun. I'm really enjoying "Uncharted Drake's Fortune" and look forward to finishing it and getting the sequel.

And finally, the TV. There really isn't much to say, other than it's the most amazing image I've ever seen in my life. I'm not really sure what it is, because the old Vizio was a 1080p TV, but I think the difference in contrast ratio is HUGE. The old set has, I believe, a 100,000:1 contrast ratio. This new one ups that to 4,000,000:1. That's four million. The image is simply stunning. When viewing the TV in the store you can never really tell what it's going to look like in your house...but the easiest way to describe the picture is that it doesn't even look like it's on TV...it looks like the actors are right there in front of you live. Simply astounding.

I'm really happy with the setup now. I would like to get some new front and center speakers, but that's not really a priority unless I find an amazing deal on them. The main problem with thinking about running some new speakers is I'm not really sure where I would put them...but oh well, that's not a big deal right now.

No comments: