Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bike Is On It's Way...


Early this morning I placed the order for my new mountain bike. I ended up going with the red one that I posted before, after much deliberation. I had been looking at a couple of different bikes, but I just kept going back to the red one over and over, so I figured that it must be because that's the one that I actually wanted the most.

I placed the order really early this morning, and because I have an Amazon Prime Membership, I went ahead and upgraded to the overnight shipping for $4. So the bike should arrive at the house on Thursday afternoon.

I normally don't pay to upgrade to the overnight shipping, but on this I just felt like I had to do it. I mean, seriously, how ridiculously expensive is it going to be to ship a product the size of a bicycle with overnight shipping?? I figure I'll make up the entire cost of the Prime Membership (probably twice over) with just this one purchase. It's kind of fun to know that you're getting some ridiculous dollar amount of shipping for only $4.

I'm going to TRY to get it all together and tuned myself, but if I can't I think that the local bike shop would probably do it for me for a pretty small fee. I'm sure this time of year they would like just about any kind of work they can get.

No comments: