Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ordering a New Bicycle...

One of the things I wanted to do while in Vegas was save enough money to buy a new bicycle when I got home.

I got a Giant Boulder mountain bike from some guy last year pretty used. It's a good bike, but it's heavy and it doesn't quite fit me right. I wanted one that would fit me better and be a bit lighter. I went out mountain biking a couple of times after I got that bike last year, and had an absolute blast doing it. I figure if I were to get a new one, I could give Cathy the Giant and then we could go out together if she wanted to.

So in short order I'll be ordering a Diamondback Response. It's a nice bike with lots of good stuff on it, but the best part seems to be the frame. People online absolutely rave about the frame, so I'm hoping that I will be able to use it for a long time and upgrade the other components as they break and wear out.

I'll be getting it in red. I don't like the red as much as the other colors, but for whatever reason the red is about $60 less than the other colors...so to save $60, I can deal with the red. It's not that I don't like it...I just don't like it as much as the other colors.

Here's what the bike looks like...

No comments: