Thursday, February 3, 2011

My First True Ventriloquist's Dummy...

So, I have wanted a "real" ventriloquist dummy for a while now. You know, the ones that have the wooden handle in the back that controls the mouth movement?? I can make puppets that have the ability to work like a ventriloquist dummy, but your hand is still operating the mouth directly...not operating a rod that operates the mouth.

But anyways, I had found one on Ebay a while back that I REALLY liked. It was a one off custom creation and although a bit macabre, I thought it was great. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't have the cash to purchase it so I didn't get a chance to buy it. The auction came and went, and I figured I was just out of luck.

Flash forward several months to a couple of days ago, and guess what I found over on Etsy??

Yup...same puppet!!! Apparently the seller hadn't had any luck selling it on Ebay, so they listed it on Etsy. I e-mailed them to ask if it was new or if they had bought it, they told me it was new and that they felt it was one of their best vent dummies to date. I jumped at the chance to get it, because this time I had the cash and I didn't want to lose out on it again!!!

No comments: