Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cooper and the Cone...

Cooper's nails have continued to fall off, and lately he's had two of them that won't stop bleeding.

They probably won't stop bleeding because he won't stop licking them. so the other day I covered his paws with some bandages to try and help the quicks dry out so that they wouldn't bleed any more.

It was working pretty well...until this morning...

When Cathy got up he had somehow managed to get one of the bandages half way off...and in the process of doing that, he had cut off circulation to his paw...and now his paw was all swollen up. It was like he had a club foot.

So I took him to the vet to make sure it wasn't infected. The vet said it looked like it was just caused by the bandage, but gave me some antibiotics to give to him just in case. He also suggested that I get an Elizabethan Collar for him.

So I did...and I have to admit, it's kind of funny to watch him walk around running into things. He's not getting around so well with it on, and even though it's kind of amusing, it's kind of sad at the same time.

Hopefully in a few days his nails will dry out and heal up, and then he won't have to wear it any more.

Until then, you tell me...does he look unhappy??

1 comment:

Doug said...

Try this...

Magn. Azimuth: 117.27
Dish Elevation: 13.34
LNB Angle: -43.6

See if he hears anything?

;-)