Thursday, May 6, 2010

New Laptop...


Today my trusty Dell B120 laptop seemed to finally kick the bucket.
A few weeks ago it got knocked off of the table when Dillon got tangled in it's cord while I was trying to put him on his dog bed. It just hasn't really seemed to be right since then. It's been having really slow internet connectivity...and when I primarily use it for the internet, that's a pretty big blow to it's usefulness.
Well, the other day it wouldn't connect at all...I had Cathy reset the router and I got it to come back online after a couple of restarts. Then last night while I was trying to update the score of the Red Wings game it was literally taken several minutes to get to each reload.
Then today when I woke up, it wouldn't connect at all. It would find the network, communicate with it, but not secure an IP address. All the other wireless things we have were working fine, so I know it was the laptop. I messed with it for about an hour before finally giving up and deciding to just go with a new computer.
We headed to Best Buy to look, and nothing really caught my eye. I did like two of them, but I wanted to check Walmart before making the purchase because our Walmart has a pretty good selection of computers. So we headed there, and I found one of the ones I liked at Best Buy for $21 less. So I went ahead and picked it up.
It's a Compaq CQ61-411.
Built in wireless G.
2.1 GHZ AMD processor
2 GB of RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium
The coolest part about it is the keyboard. It's actually got a numeric keypad on it...so instead of having to use the numbers at the top of the keyboard, I can use the numeric pad like I prefer!!
I got it home and fired it up and it worked great. Of course, the Dell started working right then, as well. Oh well, it seems like it's going to give me trouble, so I guess replacing it was a good idea.
I got all my stuff transfered from the Dell to the Compaq tonight, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

No comments: