Friday, August 20, 2010

A Bit Disappointed

Well, my puppet didn't end up selling. I had what I thought was a promising lead near the end but the customer decided they would rather have a different color puppet. I was okay with that. The customer told me they would contact me today to work out the details of a custom puppet.

Well, I never heard from them today. I don't know if the price that I threw out there scared them off or if they decided to go another route altogether.

Either way, it's a disappointing for him not sell...especially considering I think he's an amazing example of my puppets.

Oh well, he's listed on Ebay again now, with a bit different price points. A lower starting bid and a lower Buy it Now will hopefully entice someone to give him a new home. I also have come up with a new bonus for using Buy it Now. Now you can still get the accessories or I can add legs to your puppet for no charge.

I also have a puppet store on Etsy now. Etsy is a site that is kind of like Ebay only it's designed for selling handmade things at fixed prices. I have a Dart listed there for $55 right now.

Hopefully one of them will sell.

On a better note, I am 2/3 of the way finished with the order for my first customer. All 13 arm rods are done and the first of the two puppets is finished. I will be able to finish the other one in the next few days and hopefully by the middle of next week I'll be able to ship the order out.

No comments: