Saturday, November 21, 2009

6-6...

So the Spartans got trounced today by Penn State.

That means that they have ended their up and down season with a fitting record of 6-6. I had really high hopes going into the season...maybe 8-4 or possibly even 9-3. But I didn't really think that 6-6 would be the end result.

I didn't expect a 1-3 start, with losses to Central Michigan and Notre Dame. I didn't expect the late season loss to Minnesota.

They lost three games by 3 points or less...so that would have easily been the difference between 9-3 and what they ended up with.

Their defense wasn't good enough. They simply gave up too many points. They averaged nearly 30 points per game, but they gave up nearly as many.

After all that's been said and done, I'm kind of hoping for a bowl berth here:
If they end up going there, I may just go see them play. It will give me a reason to go to Ford Field, which I've wanted to do for a while, and it will get me to my first Spartan game in a few years. Also, hopefully it will be a bowl game that they actually have a chance of winning!!!

No comments: