Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Got My Watch...


My watch came. I really like it.

In fact, I wrote a review for it on Amazon. Here is what I had to say:

"I had been planning on purchasing a new watch for a while now. I don't normally wear watches, instead I just use a cell phone to get the time. But my new phone has a screen lock that is a bit of a hassle to get unlocked JUST in order to see the time, so I started looking for a watch.

I have seen different Invicta watches on Amazon before and really liked some of them. I didn't know much about them so I started doing some research and found that most people say the quality is very good for the price.

After looking at quite a few of them on the Invicta Store here on Amazon I stumbled across the Russian Diver. I really liked the looks of it as soon as I saw it. Then I saw the size at 52mm and was a bit startled. That's a LOT of watch!!!

I ended up ordering it while it was a Deal of the Day and I'm really happy I did. As usual, shipping was super fast and the packaging was exceptional.

When I opened the watch I was immediately taken by the size of the watch. 52mm as a size seems large when you're using a ruler...but when you actually see the size of this gigantic watch it will probably catch you off guard. Not only is it wide, it's also pretty "deep." What I mean by that is it sticks off of your wrist quite a bit.

The face of it is beautiful. Every detail of it just works. The numbers fit with the face perfectly, the hands fit perfectly, the date fits in wonderfully and doesn't look out of place, and the green surround offsets the black of the watch excellently.

The black metal is awesome. It's shiny and subtle at the same time, which in my opinion is great because you need the color to be slightly subtle on a watch this size.

I've read many opinions on different websites that suggest that the chain for the canteen cover doesn't fit the watch very well, but I disagree. I think the chain does a great job of finishing off the overall aesthetic of the piece. I wouldn't ever think of taking the chain off of mine.

The overall weight of the watch on the wrist is definitely more than I'm used to. Like I said, I don't normally wear watches and when I do they aren't anywhere near as large as this one. The weight takes some getting used to, definitely.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Invicta watch, and the 5 year warranty that comes with the timepiece through Amazon is a wonderful addition.

No comments: