Saturday, September 25, 2010

Some Live Sporting Events...

On November 17th, Cathy and I are taking our friend from work Alex to a Detroit Red Wings game.


It's Alex's birthday on the 16th, but the 17th will work better for all three of us. The Wings are playing the St. Louis Blues that day, so hopefully it will end up getting them some points. I am going to get him a T-shirt and a hat to give him before the game, and we're going to go to dinner somewhere in Detroit before the game starts...so it should be pretty fun.

On November 20th, however, we are doing something even more amazing. I thought I had posted about this before, but I can't find it so I guess I must not have.

Alex usually spends a lot of money on his friends for Christmas. This year he won $10,000 from the TV show "Survivor" on some text and win contest, and at work a few weeks ago he was talking about Ultimate Fighting Championship coming to Detroit. Cathy jokingly said "Man, if only I knew someone that won 10 grand this summer who could get us a luxury suite" and that set the plan in motion.

Tickets went on sale the other day, and Alex purchased the second most expensive luxury suite available at the palace. Twelve tickets are included...extras go for $50 each...and from what we can gather it's catered...at no charge...with free beer.

Alex paid for all of this, and invited his closest friends to come and enjoy the fights with him. It's crazy because Cathy was being completely humorous when she said it, and Alex just went with it. He said "If we're going to go to UFC for the first time, we might as well make it memorable, right?"


Memorable is an understatement. I think it's going to be AMAZING fun. I'm really looking forward to it, and so is everyone going. I think there's going to be a total of 15 of us when it's all said and done...but if a couple can't get the time off of work we may dip down to 12. Either way it's going to be a blast.

No comments: