Saturday, July 23, 2011

Battlefield 3...


As most of the people that actually pay attention to my blog know, I play "Battlefield Bad Company 2" quite a bit. I would say it's probably my favorite game of all time. It's great fun.

"Battlefield 3" comes out in October, and of course I already have it preordered.

But...

...imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to find an e-mail from Electronic Arts. I had been invited to participate in an extremely limited closed Alpha test of the multiplayer of "Battlefield 3."

Of course, I accepted the invite right away.

The catch?? It's only on PC, and I normally play on Xbox 360. That's alright, though, because you can use an Xbox 360 controller with your PC if you have the cable to plug it in...and I just happen to have that cable!!!

So right now I'm downloading the HUGE file onto Cathy's gaming computer, and I should be able to give this game a try in the next few minutes.

It's going to be amazing.

I have no idea how I got selected to participate. Maybe it's the amount of time I have played, 760 hours?? Maybe it's my skill, always been at the highest 200 rating?? I don't know...but it doesn't really matter. What matters is I got chosen, and that's awesome!!!

No comments: