Saturday, July 9, 2011

Captain 3,000....

Today, in a pretty amazing 5-5 performance, Derek Jeter became the 28th member of the 3,000 Hit Club in Major League Baseball. That's pretty elite company considering the sport has been played for 142 years.

He got the 2,999th hit in the first inning, and I told my friend Mike at work that I wanted the 3,000th to be a home run.

Then, in the third, there it was. A solo shot for number 3,000. Impressive.

The guy seems like he's always been a good guy, always been clean, and is as professional as a professional athlete can possibly be. I say, it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

I read an article on Bleacher Report today that said, in essence, that if you don't like Derek Jeter, you just don't get sports...and I agree on that. If you don't respect what this guy has done, then you aren't a sports fan. Even if you hate the Yankees, which I know many people do, Jeter still deserves the respect.

After he did it, DJ3K stuff went on sale in Yankee Stadium, and I was looking at it...and I think this jersey is just great...


Again, congrats to Derek Jeter!!!!

No comments: