Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Truck...

Well, I had been planning on getting that little buggy as my next RC car, but I started thinking...it would be REALLY similar to the Circuit that I already have. And since my Circuit is designed mainly to race around the little track I've made, it didn't seem to make much sense to go with another vehicle that would basically be the same thing.

Now, I'm not saying I won't get that buggy eventually...but for now, I wanted something that would be a bit more "do-it-all." I wanted something that could go on the track, in the street, on the front lawn, in the gravel parking lot near the house, pretty much anywhere.

So, I decided to go with the ElectrixRC monster truck...the Ruckus!!!


The Ruckus fits the bill for what I'm looking for, and should be an excellent addition to my collection. This will give me something to just bash around the yard with, instead of being really racey and purpose built.

I already have a couple of things that I can use to upgrade it, like a steering servo and a receiver, but the drive shafts that I have purchased won't work on it, they were only for the buggy. That's not a big deal, though, I can get a new set of drive shafts to put on this, as well.

The best part?? It's bigger than my Circuits...and lots of different bodies fit on it. I think I'm going to leave the stock body on it until it's trashed, then I'm going to go with a Baja Bug body...


Overall, I think the Ruckus is going to be great. I love driving on my little track, and that's what CircuitONE is for...but I also like just driving around, and that's what the Ruckus is going to be for!!!

My other Circuit, CircuitTWO, will basically be left as it is and be able to be used by people that are at the house but don't have their own trucks. It'll be perfect for that.

No comments: