Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Slash to Backslash...

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I got a Traxxas Slash a few weeks ago for a pretty good deal. I was really disappointed in the way it handled at the track, so I decided to do a change. There's a custom made version of the Slash called a Backslash, which takes the short course truck and turns it into a 1/8th scale buggy. It ends up handling a lot better, and I really like the way it looks.



This picture was taken before I put the lower chassis that I have on the buggy as well. I bought a low center of gravity chassis to help with the Slash's handling, but then I found the Backslash kit and got that to go with the LCG chassis. It ends up lowering the buggy another inch or so, and it ends up looking even more slick than it does in this photo.

I'm going to get some different tires for it as well, some that will probably run on dirt a bit better...and I'm also going to get new versions of the tires that are on those wheels for when I run it on my little back yard track. But those ones on there are really good for running out in the street.

No comments: