Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Somerset Collection...

For the second day of our mini-cation, Cathy and I ended up heading to the Somerset Collection Mall in Troy.

It's a bit of a drive, but it's always fun. It's an extremely upscale mall that reminds me a lot of Las Vegas...definitely more Vegas than Michigan.

We got there right around 3:30 and started looking around the three floors of the mall. We found a couple of stores that weren't there when we were there last year, and a couple that I wanted to visit that were gone. One of the ones that was gone was the Quiksilver store. One of the new ones is the LEGO store. Both Cathy and I got some cool stuff from the LEGO store, stuff that I haven't seen in stores around here. I really wanted to get one of the big hard to find sets, but I didn't really want to spend $100 on a LEGO set this week. Maybe some time later this fall we can go back and get some big expensive sets.

We also found a really cool store called The Detroit Shoppe. Everything in the store has something to do with Detroit, and all the profits get donated to different organizations in Detroit. Cathy got a cool shirt from Bob-Lo Island there, and I got a REALLY cool Detroit Tigers hat that has the Olde Englise D on the back, and says "Made in Detroit" on the front.

We then went to the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner, and it was amazing...as usual. That's another thing in that mall that reminds me of Vegas...the only two places I get CPK is at the airport in Las Vegas when we are coming home and at the Somerset Mall.

We ended up spending a lot more time there than we did last year, and we didn't get home until after 9:00.

So day two of the mini-cation was lots of fun...still not sure what we're going to do for the rest of the week!!!

No comments: