Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Headphones...

I have never had a really good set of headphones. Sure, I've had some that cost like $50, but those aren't even considered remotely expensive when it comes to headphones.

Now, I don't listen to a lot of music...but I've been listening to a bit more later at night while I'm messing around on the internet. But I DO play quite a few portable games on my iPod Touch and I have a Nintendo 3DS that there are some awesome games coming out for.

I also just preordered that awesome Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, which is going to be a great way to watch videos and movies and listen to music from anywhere that there is a WiFi connection.

So I figured it was time to get some nice headphones...and I went with these...



They are Koss Tony Bennett Signature Series metal headphones. They are basically Koss DJ100 headphones that have been tweaked to have the vocals sound a bit better. I got them for a pretty good price and think that they'll be pretty nice for what I want to use them for.

The only catch is they are supposed to work a lot better with a portable headphone amplifier, so I also got one of those on the way. I got an Fiio E5 headphone amplifier which is about the size of an old iPod Shuffle and should boost the sound to about twice the volume that most portable devices can produce, which should make the headphones sound fuller and more complete.

I'm looking forward to getting them and seeing how good they sound, and if I can even tell a difference between them and my $30 Panasonic headphones!!!

No comments: