Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Arrival...


After what seemed like a very long time, the mail man had a delivery for me today.

That's right, Medium Pip FINALLY arrived. He came packaged very nicely in a nice box and wrapped in plastic. I got him out and was just amazed at his awesomeness.

The quality of the craftsmanship is amazing. He's really nice looking. The eyes really seal the deal. This is something that's hard to notice in pictures, but Medium Pip has some red fur glued to his eyes in a very fascinating way that makes it look like his eyes have some small blood veins in them near the back...just like a real eye!!

I'm trying to learn how to use the eye blinking mechanism. It works really well, but my hand doesn't want to work with it. I e-mailed Kevin at Luna's about it, and he suggested a way to hold my hand that he uses. I've been doing that, and it seems to be working...I need to practice some more to build up some strength and flexibility in my fingers so that it looks flawless.

The ONLY issue I have with Medium Pip is my hands are a bit of a tight fit in his hands. I don't know if that is something that would be because he's a "medium" puppet instead of a large. It's not a huge deal, because I can still get them in and use them just fine. It's just a tad snug. I think when I order another puppet from Luna's, I will probably end up asking Kevin if there's any way that he could adjust the pattern slightly to make the hands just a tad bit larger.

Speaking of ordering another one...I think that I may end up ordering another one some time this fall...I'm thinking either of these two...

The WereWolf


Dreyko


The WereWolf is more expensive, but he has blinking eyes, teeth, AND his lips curl up for him to snarl!! He also has that cool jacket!!!

Dreyko is less expensive, but I really like the way he looks. He's got really cool horns that you can see just a bit of in the picture.

I'm not sure if either of these is a full body puppet or not. I like full body puppets better than half body puppets, so if they are available as full body figures I would definitely go that way.

Anyways...I'm really happy that Medium Pip finally arrived...and I believe that Medium Pip is happy that he's arrived!!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

I vote insane simply because of Dreyko! He's AWESOME!