Thursday, August 27, 2009

10 Days Ago...

...I posted about it being time for me to start trying to get a bit more healthy.

After 10 days, I have to say I'm fairly proud of myself. I had been drinking at least 60 ounces of regular soda everyday for about as long as I can remember. At an average of 110 calories per 8 ounces, that means I was taking in at least 800 or so calories everyday in just soda.

In these 10 days, I can literally count on one hand the number of non-diet drinks that I've had, other than milk or tea. I had Sierra Mist at Pizza Hut today, I had Lemonade the other day with lunch, I had Coke from McDonalds, Dr. Pepper from Subway, and an energy drink the other morning when I was feeling really sluggish.

So basically, in 10 days I've had as much non-diet stuff to drink as I normally would in any one day.

It's a small step, and I'm still not 100% sure I like diet soda, but if it's going to get me a bit more healthy, then here's to it!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Great start! Though you do need to watch the other drinks. Such as do you have sweet tea, put sugar in your coffee or tea, etc.
Sorry , I'll stop lecturing now..
Keep up the good work and good luck!