Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So It's Time...

...for me to get serious about getting a little bit more healthy.

I started out pretty well when I got the Big Stick and the longboards. I've been using them pretty regularly for the last couple of weeks and I feel that I've gotten slightly better at it. By better, I mean I can go longer distances without getting quite as tired. With that said, it's been tough the last week or so because of weather...too much rain or way too hot. But regardless, it's been good exercise and it's gotten me outside and a bit more active.

With all of that, I haven't really changed my eating habits much. I'm still eating too much fast food and drinking way too much soda. So today was a start of something new. I finished the last two cans of regular soda in the fridge, and I've cracked open a case of diet pop. I'm going to try and do diet pop from now on, and see if that helps kick start the weight loss a little bit. It's going to be hard because I'm really used to drinking quite a bit of pop, but I think I can do it. I just need to keep my mind set on it. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Good Luck!

When I started my diet a few years ago, the biggest thing, other than me... ;-), was cutting out all the empty "bad" carbs.

Soda Pop, Beer, Ice Cream...

I never have regular soda, rarely have beer (usually substitute Wine or mixed drinks - always in moderation), and very very moderate amounts of ice cream.