Monday, August 24, 2009

Some Xbox Live Arcade Games...

So after having played a TON of "Red Faction" since it came out a few months ago, I was itching to give something else a go.

I had some spare Microsoft Points laying around, so I figured maybe I'd try a few Live Arcade Games.

The first was "Battlefield 1943." It's an online only first person shooter set in...you guessed it...1943. It's made by a company that has a ton of experience putting together solid FPS games, but I was a bit concerned by the fact that it was a download only game. Boy, those concerns were off. I've been playing it quite a bit and I actually really enjoy it. It can be a bit frustrating, because there are quite a few players that are MUCH better than I am, but overall it's a solid title, and at $15 you really can't beat it.


The other game that I got is called "Shadow Complex." This game is a 3d rendered 2d action platformer game. Think "Contra" from back in the NES days. This game got really good reviews...and it definitely didn't disappoint. I ended up downloading it when I got home from work on Wednesday, and I'm not going to lie...I didn't even go to sleep before I beat it. I played it for probably about 5 hours straight to get it done on the easiest level, but it was five hours of gaming bliss. The game is awesome, in a retro way that I think should be done more often.

No comments: