Sunday, August 2, 2009

So It's Official...


...I am going to be the first person in the world out there riding a SoCal Skater Surfboarder.

I ordered the longboard the other day and I talked with Dave after I ordered it, and he confirmed that I will be the first person in the world that has actually purchased one. I don't know, that just seems really cool to me. There aren't a lot of times that you get a chance to say that you're the first person in the world to have or do something. Of course, I guess Dave would be the first person in the world that's ever had one, but seeing as he sells it I don't think that really counts.

It should be here on Thursday, and I can't wait to get it. Dave updated his website to show some details about the board, and he mentions on the site that it's a perfect board for land paddling, which is exactly what I intend to use it for. I e-mailed him and let him know that's what I was planning on using it for, and he said if I can get some decent video of me using it to paddle that he could use to show people how it works, that he would send me some free wheels or something.

So when I get it, I'm going to take it to the local park and get some video of it to send to him and see if I can get some free stuff!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

You should have asked him to autograph it.

Have fun.