Friday, June 17, 2011

Another Broken Drive Shaft...

...but this time, it wasn't my fault.

I stopped by my parents house on my way to pick Cathy up from work to give my mom her birthday gift, and I let my dad drive my Circuit for a minute.

After several curb crashes, the truck started acting funny...and sure enough, it had thrown another drive shaft.

I've now got some very high end drive shafts on the way for the truck...off of a Traxxas Rustler VXL. They may require a couple of modifications to work, but they should work well, and they should be a LOT stronger than the ones that come on the truck.

Also, I have found out that I probably need to let my slipper clutch out a little bit. It's probably too tight, which is one of the reasons that the truck keeps having so much trouble with it's drive shafts. The slipper being too tight could cause pretty bad drive train lash, and the drive shafts being the weakest part of the drive train are the parts that take the brunt of the trauma.

Hopefully these couple of things will cause the truck to stop having these issues. I enjoy working on it, but I'd rather be driving it!!!!

No comments: