Saturday, June 25, 2011

Picked Out Brushless Setup...

After going through a TON of options for the brushless motor for the truck, I have finally settled on a combo.

I was originally going for a Hobbywing 60 amp speed controller and a Tacon 3500kv brushless motor. But it's virtually impossible to find the Hobbywing controller, so I started looking elsewhere. Too bad, because it would have cost about $85 for the whole setup.

I then found a Castle Creations 4600kv combo for $99, but I would have also needed the programming card which costs nearly $30. So I would have had to spend $129 plus shipping to get that combo. It would have been a FANTASTIC setup, but that was a bit more than I was wanting to spend.

I found a Dynamite brushless combo, which is the same company that makes the motor and controller in my cars now, for $105 with EVERYTHING including the program card. It was a good combo, but the motor was significantly less potent than either of the other two options.

So last night I was browsing around the web and found this...


It's a 60 amp speed controller, with a programming box, and a 3950kv motor. It costs $85. The awesome part is that it IS a Hobbywing controller, which is what I wanted in the first place, but it's been branded by the store that's selling it. The other good part, is that it's a SENSORED motor. Sensored motors aren't quite as quick as standard brushless motors, but they run much more smoothly and give longer run times...which is what I'm actually interested in.

Overall, I think it's going to be a great combo for the Circuit. I've contacted the guy selling them, and he seems like a really good guy. He's got lots of posts on different message forums, and most of the comments about his business and products have been raving reviews...I haven't found a single negative comment about him.

Hopefully I can order it this week and get it in the truck by the end of the week. I'll nearly double the speed of the truck AND increase the run time. How's that for awesome???

No comments: