Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Started Working On a Track...

Cathy told me that if I cleaned up a bit of the backyard, that she wouldn't have a problem with me trimming the grass pretty short in certain spots in order to make a small RC track back there.

Well, I hacked down a bunch of weeds a while back, and today I cut the grass pretty short to start making a track in the backyard.

I need to get a couple of jumps and obstacles, but for just taking a few minutes, I think it turned out pretty well.

Here's a quick video of the track with my car running on it.


I'll be making it bigger next week, basically adding to the other side of it. With a few jumps and obstacles, I think it will be a really fun track to drive around.

It's cool to drive on it, because it's VERY different from driving in the street. In the street it's just full throttle everywhere, on the track, only on that back straightaway can you get up to full speed.

I drove on it for probably about 20 minutes tonight and had a great time. I'll be looking forward to continuing to work on it.

Oh yes, the tree that is dead in the middle of the track will be coming down soon...and driving from the top of the deck is great. You can see the whole backyard easily!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

A dirt track with jumps and obsticles in your back yard!

You could be from WVA ;-)

Oh and don't forget the hay bales along your neighbors property line . . .

Seriously though, pretty cool fun.