Sunday, June 12, 2011

LEGO Sets...

There's a new collection of LEGO sets out right now. If you watched my video with our China Cabinet, you may have seen a couple of them.

They are the "Alien Conquest" collection. Basically, they are a collection of sets that have alien invaders and humans that are fighting them off. What's really cool about them is the retro 50s style look to the UFO sets.

It's been a long time since I "finished" a LEGO collection, but I really like this new series, and plan on getting all of them. I already have the two smallest sets and two of the three medium sets. I only have the other medium set and both of the large sets to get in order to complete the series...at least for this year.


That's a picture of one of the medium sized sets. You can see how it's got some "classic" alien invasion stuff going on. Tripod legs, saucer shaped top, ray gun, etc.

I just really like the series a lot. I'm thinking that I may get one of the three remaining sets later this week and get it together and in the cabinet.

The only problem is the largest UFO, the Mother Ship, is too large to fit in the cabinet...so I'm going to have to think of something else to do with it. Maybe I could hang it up somewhere near the cabinet???

No comments: