Thursday, June 23, 2011

August Fifth...

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" comes to theaters.

I've been a fan of "Planet of the Apes" movies for a LOOOONG time. I'm sure he doesn't even remember this, but I fondly remember staying home from school once when I was really sick. I remember laying on the floor in the basement with my dad watching EVERY "Planet of the Apes" movie in a row in some marathon on TV. Like I said, I don't think he would remember that, but that, along with the greatness of a couple of the films, turned this franchise into one of my favorites.



So here you have one of my favorite film franchises of all time (yes, I even liked the Marky Mark one that came out in 2001) and you're taking Peter Jackson's Weta Digital, the BEST digital special effects company ever created and putting them in the driver's seat of the film, and in my opinion you've got something that's going to be AWESOME.

This may be the first movie in a LOOOONG time that I actually try to go see on opening night...yes, I'm looking forward to it that much...

No comments: