Friday, April 15, 2011

Beach Cruiser Update 9

Today I got the rim tape in the mail that I ordered from Amazon. That's the stuff I needed to put on the wheel to make sure that I didn't have any issues with the tubes getting pitched or cut any more.

The tape went on quickly and easily, and I can definitely see how it's designed to make sure that tires don't get punctured. It's thick and there's no way that the screws for the spokes would be able to cut the new tube that I put in there.

So far, after sitting for a good several hours, the tire hasn't lost any air yet...so I'm going to guess that I fixed the issue.

I also mounted the rear fender a bit differently. All I did was reverse a bolt, and that allows it to more easily be tightened if the need arises.

I also went ahead and did a really good job of fixing the scratches that I had accidentally put on the back fender. How did I do that??

Simple.


Yup. I got some Turtle Wax and have been putting it on and buffing it off all evening. I've got about 4 coats on it now, and you can barely even tell that the scratches were there. I'm thinking one or two more coats and you won't ever be able to tell that it was scratched.

I'm really glad that I was able to buff the scratches out. I was worried that the fender would be scratched for good, but the wax has done an excellent job of taking care of the little problem.

I also went ahead and ordered the extra fender piece from Woody's today. It will have to be put together, so I'm sure I won't get it any time soon...but once it gets here, it's going to finish up that rear wheel area perfectly!!!

No comments: