Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gingerbread...


Today I read from several credible sources that soon Motorola will be releasing Android 2.3, or Gingerbread, for many of their phones.

I did some looking and it appears that the Droid 2, which is what my phone actually is, is on the short list of phones that should be getting it soon.

Gingerbread is supposed to update some of the issues with the FroYo version of Android, such as prolonging battery life and introducing a nicer keyboard.

I use an aftermarket keyboard on my phone, but if it's possible to have a stock keyboard that works as well as my aftermarket one, I will definitely switch back.

I'm excited to see that the device is still being supported, even though it was put on clearance and is probably going to be something that isn't "current" within the next few months.

No comments: