Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heroes Beta Back Up!!!


So I was beginning to think that the Battlefield Heroes beta was just over with. The last post on their twitter feed basically said "Thank you for participating in the beta" and I thought that maybe that was their way of saying that the troubles they were having had basically killed the beta and nothing would be back up until the game officially releases.

But this afternoon I logged onto the site...and got logged in!!! The beta was back up and running.

So this was only my second time really playing the game, and I finally started to get the hang of it a little bit more. I went from getting killed a bunch and killing nothing to getting killed a lot and killing a few things. Then I started killing about as much as I was being killed...which in this game seems to be about par for the course, unless you're a sniper and just hide in the hills, which doesn't seem like a lot of fun to me.

I played probably about 10 matches. It's cool because the matches generally end in about 5 minutes or so. I think the longest one I played was probably about 8 minutes.

I like the game quite a bit. For being something that's completely free, it's got a lot of potential. They have the store up now, too, so you can buy in game items for your character that you can use to make him look unique. I didn't buy anything, but I had a pretty crazy outfit where my guy had a kilt and what appeared to be a leather tank top on. It was pretty amusing...

I hope the game does well, because I have a lot of fun with it. The best part is that it doesn't really seem frustrating at all. I know I'm not any good at PC games online, so it doesn't matter to me when I'm dying repeatedly...at least not yet.

No comments: