Saturday, June 27, 2009

So...It's a Good Thing...


Well, it's a good thing that I sent the e-mail before purchasing my hat. I had been planning on ordering the XL size hat, which is for heads that measure 61cm.

Well, I measured my head and it came out to nearly exactly 61cm. So I e-mailed them and asked whether I should go with the XL or go for the bigger size, just to be on the safe side.

Well, they e-mailed me back right away and let me know a few things. First off, leather hats tend to shrink a bit, instead of stretch. Second, Barmah hats run a bit snug despite the measurements. So basically, they suggested that I go with the XXL instead, which is for heads sized up to 62.5cm.

I guess I learned that I have a gigantic head. I mean, really, a size XXL hat?? But I'm glad I sent the e-mail, otherwise I would have ended up having to send the hat back at my own expense to get it exchanged.

1 comment:

Doug said...

There's a joke in there... But I'll be kind.

Generally I hate hats, they give me a terrible case of helmet head / hair.

But, they are good for keeping the sun off of you, which is about the only time I will wear one, like when fishing or out at the beach.