Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Seat for the Champ...

So the ONLY thing on the Champ that wasn't original was the seat. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the seat that was on it when I got it came off of a mid-80s Yamaha Razz scooter.

So I had been on the prowl on Ebay for a replacement seat so that I can get it back to 100% stock. As luck would have it, I found one about three weeks ago that was a good price, but I didn't have the money to spend on it right then, so I waited and hoped that it would be around when I got the extra cash.

Well, luckily it was still there this past week so I snatched it up. Paid for it on Saturday and it came in the mail today. I quickly ran outside and threw it on the scooter, and to me it makes a huge difference. It looks better when it's in place, is more comfortable to sit on, and seems to give me a bit more control when I'm riding. See, the other seat fit so poorly that it almost constantly felt like I was leaning backwards...but this original seat doesn't have that problem.

The seat is a bit torn up on the cover, but I have already found a replacement cover for it available online so I'll be ordering that sometime in the future so that I can get the seat back to 100% perfect. The Champ is so awesome as it is that I don't really want to do too much work on it, but the seat isn't too bad...and I may grab some touch up paint and hit the spots that have little scratches.

Here's what the scooter looked like before, but it's not a great angle to see what the seat looked like, but I think you can tell that it's angled a bit awkwardly.


And here's what it looks like now with the new seat and the basket on the back. Sorry about the poor picture quality, my camera couldn't decide if it wanted to use a flash or not...

No comments: