Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Explosives Class...


So today at work we had a guy come and put on a class about explosives. It was pretty interesting. I learned quite a few things about different types of explosives and explosions that I didn't know before. I also expanded some knowledge that I had previously.

The guy is a Bomb Appraisal Officer for the TSA and he works in Detroit. I can't really go into any kind of details of what we learned in the class, but let's just say that we watched some really cool videos and learned a lot of really cool stuff.

As a guy, one of the things that is always really cool to me is watching things blow up...and this class had that in spades. One of the better videos was one where the camera was inside some kind of structure. It was one of those super slow motion capture video cameras, and you could literally see the shockwave coming at the structure and then destroying the glass in front of the camera.

It was a really fun class. I wish more of our training classes were like this one!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Sounds like you had a blast!

;-)