Thursday, July 2, 2009

Got My Hat...


So when I got home from work on Wednesday, the hat was on the doorstep. Well, not the hat itself...it was of course in a nice box. But anyways, it was here.

I got it in the house and opened it up. At first I was a bit disappointed, because I thought that they had sent me the wrong color. But a close look at the tag showed that I had in fact got exactly what I had ordered. I guess the pictures on the internet show it to be a bit lighter in color. But that doesn't really matter, because I actually quickly grew to like the darker look of the hat that I had received.

I grabbed it and messed with it a little bit. It certainly is very pliable. It folds and bends extremely easily, then quickly snaps back to the shape it's supposed to be. I guess kangaroo leather is pretty nice!!!

So I tried it on, and...perfect fit!!! I'm glad I e-mailed the company before I ordered it. Had I gone with the size I was originally planning on using, it wouldn't have fit me very well. It would have been way to snug. This one fits like a glove.

I then tried my hand at folding it up just like the instructions on the bag show. I was again a bit disappointed because it didn't seem to be folding up as small as I thought it should have been. Cathy suggested that maybe it just needed to be broken in a little bit. So I wore the hat around for a while, folding and bending it whenever I was just sitting there. After a bit of this, it turned out she was right!! The hat was folding down smaller and smaller everytime I tried...and everytime I folded it, it instantly sprang back to life!!!

I actually like the hat quite a bit. I like the way it looks on me. I found myself thinking that it wouldn't be too bad to wear it a lot more often than just when I'm in the sun in Vegas, or kayaking, or working in the yard. I ended up wearing it around all day today and didn't really seem to notice anyone giving me funny looks or anything, despite the fact that I looked like I should be out hunting crocs or something!!!

I'm really happy with the purchase. The hat looks good, seems to be great quality, and I think it's going to come in super handy when I originally intended to use it...in Vegas in 100 degree weather!!! But until then, I'll be wearing it around here quite a bit!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

g-day mate and throw a shrimp on the barbi for me!