Monday, July 6, 2009

Some Changes to My Blog...

So, even though I really liked the look of the blog before, I was having some trouble with it when it came to videos. Basically, the page wasn't wide enough for a lot of the videos that I have tried to link to recently...and the page wasn't something that would appear that I could easily edit, so I had to pick a new layout. I don't think this was too much of an issue on any widescreen monitor setups, but on my laptop I noticed it quite regularly. I'm sure on anything that wasn't a widescreen, it was an issue. So I figured I might as well just avoid any issues altogether...if it works on my laptop, then it will work on pretty much anything!!

I went with this one because it still gets me the header picture that I want, but it also gets me a space for posts wide enough to post pretty much any video that I would ever want to. It actually is large enough for me to post a video that is 853 pixels wide, which as best I can tell is about as large as they come on Youtube.

So tonight I changed the template on the blog. I didn't really like the new look, but it was working from a functional standpoint, so that was good enough for me.

But then as I was messing with Blogger's Dashboard, I noticed that you can change preferences for colors...so I started messing with the colors, and ended up with what I have right now.

I actually really like the way it looks now...so not only is it still as functional as I want it to be, but now it also has a style that I really like!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

I've found that the wider formats definitely work much better.

Nice job!