Thursday, July 23, 2009

Found a Helmet!!!

So I had been looking for a helmet to wear while I was out longboarding, and so far hadn't had any luck at all. Meijer, Wally World, Target, Dunahm's...nobody had anything that was decent quality, let alone actually fit my head.

I had checked at MC Sports before and didn't see anything when I was there. But today I figured I'd look around in MC because I didn't have anything better to do. When I was looking at shoes, I thought I saw the top of some helmets out of the corner of my eye. I checked it out, and sure enough, there on an end cap was a bunch of helmets. I was a bit confused at first, because I was sure that I had checked on that same end cap when I was in there before, and there was nothing there...not to mention, I had ASKED someone that worked at MC the other time I was in there and they assured me that they didn't have any skate helmets. So either that person didn't know what they were talking about, or these were new items in the store.

They were Bell helmets, which are a pretty good brand. Maybe not professional level, but a good brand regardless. They also were all "Tony Hawk" branded helmets. I like Tony Hawk. I think he's an awesome guy, and I have a few articles of clothing that bear his name and signature Bird logo. So I started checking the sizes on the helmets...and to my surprise, the size large fit me VERY well.

There were a few different models with different graphics, so I picked out one that I liked and found it in my size. Paid for it and out I went. I now have a nice helmet to wear when I'm out riding. I like wearing pads and stuff when I am riding the board, it gives me more confidence. I'm sure the helmet will do the same.

This is the one that I got here. It's flat black with nothing on the front, but these graphics on the back...

1 comment:

Doug said...

Cool helmet!

Though I do not see any being worn in the promo pictures or videos for the long boards or the stick thingie...

Cheers !

:-)