Sunday, July 5, 2009

Using the Longboard...


So I've been using the longboard a little bit.

It's actually really fun. I'm already getting a bit better at keeping my balance on it...and it's getting broken in better so it actually turns now. I'm still losing my balance a bit in turns, so I need to get smoother at that...but I'm doing pretty well carving back and forth while generally going in a straight line.

I've gone up and down the street several times, and around the block tonight. What's really cool is that our street is JUST a steep enough hill that at the top of it I can push off once or twice, then just gain speed and glide all the way to the end of the street. It's pretty cool.

I MAY try to get the camcorder out tomorrow and try to rig it up somehow so that I can post up a "first person view" of the board...but I'm not really sure how I'll go about doing that...but it might be worth a try!!!

No comments: