Friday, July 31, 2009

So It's...


...the last day of July already. That seems crazy. It seems like just a couple of weeks ago it was still only highs in the 40s here in Michigan, and it seems like the last snow melted about a month ago.

I guess they say time flies when you're having fun, so maybe I've been having fun for the most part this year.

The fact that it's the end of July means a few things are coming up relatively quickly, as well.

First off, there are only THIRTY-EIGHT more days until we are headed to Vegas. We really need to get on top of finding some tickets as soon as possible.

Second off, there are only two months (August and September) left in the fiscal year at work. So far so good for me. I've got the highest possible rating that I can get, so basically as long as nothing crazy happens in the next 8 weeks or so, I'll get the maximum possible end of the year bonus...which last year was about $4,000 before taxes. I've been trying really hard to get the maximum bonus this year, I want to use the money to buy something cool next spring. Maybe I'll sell my two bikes and use the cash to buy a different bike. I also have a few other things in mind, but I'll post about those later.

Third off, there's only three months until our Anniversary and Cathy's birthday. Right now I'm thinking that maybe we'll take a day off or so and head to Grand Rapids for some fun and then stay the night at the cottage. Should be a pretty nice time of year for us to do that.

Yup...the year has flown by, but now that I look at it, there's quite a few things coming up in the last five months of 2009!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Which means it will be 2010 before you realize it.

Enjoy having Fun!