Thursday, December 4, 2008

Car All Fixed...

So last fall my car's exhaust malfunctioned. It basically sprung a leak in a flexible pipe that caused it to be really loud when accelerating but pretty normal when driving one speed. I took it to a local repair shop and they welded in a piece of pipe for me and it had been fine...until late in October.

Late in October apparently that weld broke. The car was basically running off of an open header and it sounded like the largest, angriest lawn mower in the world.

After a few attempts to fix it myself and trying to get the local car guy at work to fix it for me, I finally grabbed my dad's reciprocating saw and went to town. I hooked in a piece of flex pipe and now the car is MUCH better. It's still not 100% as quiet as I would like, but it's good to go. Gonna start driving it to work again tomorrow.

No comments: