Saturday, December 13, 2008

Coon Dog Fight!!!

So last night Cathy and I went to a bar with some coworkers after work. We were there pretty late.

We got home at about 1:30 or so in the morning and I promptly let all three dogs out to eat and go to the bathroom. As Cooper was eating, I went over to pet him like I normally do and I noticed his neck felt pretty funny on his underside, near his chin. I grabbed his head and looked at it in the light, and he had about 4 cuts that were obviously from Gordon's teeth. The blood had caked up his fur pretty bad, and that's what I was feeling when I pet him. Luckily, he wasn't bleeding anymore and he still ate and drank and went to the bathroom just fine. However, he has been acting very melancholy since then...I think his pride is a little bit hurt. He's also got a pretty puffy look on his face near the bits, so I'm assuming that he is a bit swollen up. I gave him some aspirin today and we went to get a new crate for them so they all have their own crates. When we got back he seemed a bit better. He looks better too. I'm thinking the aspirin might have helped the swelling a bit.

I don't know why Gordon did it. Cooper has been bothering Gordon's ear lately, so maybe Cooper bothered him a bit too much and when Gordon snapped at him Cooper didn't have anywhere to go. It looks like he was only bit maybe 2 or 3 times, so Gordon obviously didn't really try to hurt him badly...but he did quite a bit of damage with just those two bites.

Maybe Cooper needs to learn some new fighting skills. He's always been a bit of a wussy. He needs to train with this dog...

No comments: